Saturday, September 22, 2012

Kids and Family.

So in class we learned about the family demographics and the trends of  low birth rates and what is happening in the world. We learned that a lot of the world especially some countries in Europe have a very high declining birth rate.  A lot of families now a days including America are having maybe one to two children. In some people's minds that is not a bad little family, and its not. The thing is though that this trend is becoming more and more modern.

Now I think I should explain on where I am coming from though. You see I am from a family of seven, and I love large families so it is safe to assume I am going to have one as well. You see for me  bringing children into this world is a very very high calling. ( props to you moms and woman who wish to have children also for those who can't but adopt  my hat is tipped to you as well.)  I love large families and seeing this movie that we watched about how the fertility rate and birth rate are  dropping make me incredibly sad. Sad because I have  this love of family in my belief the bigger the better. For those of you who don't agree that's fine I speak of big families because I live in one ( even though I am away from them.)

Back to why this was important and why I found it interesting, I find that it just shows that  the family may becoming less and less important. That the self gratification generation has decided that children aren't for the them. It just saddens me that this may be where our generation goes to. The reason why I am so strong for family is because I am a Latter-Day Saint (or Mormon) Family is huge  to us both here on Earth but also  in the life after. We believe that families aren't just for this  Earth life, but that we can be with our families through all eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment