Saturday, December 8, 2012

Blended families

So this was the most interesting because  I haven't had much exposure to divorced family the only exposure I could have is when I was a counselor at EFY and was surprised at how many kids  who were in my group were from Divorced families. The focus was on divorce and  families who get remarried and are blended together. One new fact that I found this week was how people talk about divorce and how its  at 50%  Well its hard to get a accurate number of divorced families because ow do we know that in that 50% are the numbers of people who are getting divorced again or who are on their 3 or 4th marriage?  Another thing which I learned in marriage 300 which applied to 160 as well was that 80% of the time if couples just stick through it usually in five years when you ask them how t heir marriage is they will usually say really good! There are a lot of ways of preventing divorce and their are a lot of people who want to help you keep your family together. Another sad trend is that couples usually won't go and see a counselor until 3-7 years when they are having problems. The next topic we discussed was about blended families which are families getting remarried and having to blend their families together! Now brother Williams brought in a guest speaker  was his wife. They told their story of how they blended their families together with Brother Williams marrying his wife and being thrown into being a father. Now for me I think that would be scary, but I think that people who are in  those circumstances choose whether or not they want to be that child's dad or not. I never realized some of the problems that came with blending families. For some it can be easy, but for others it can be brutally hard with all the new changes and things that happen in a family. It takes around 2 years for a blended family to get settled in Normalcy, but even then its still not enough time.  This week in class was interesting because it showed a lot of things that happen when families get blended together this class gave me a lot to think about how blended families are like which I find will be very helpful to me in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment